2) Came to believe that there was no
power greater than ourselves, and the rest of the world was insane.
3) Made a decision to have our loved
ones and friends turn their wills and their lives over to our care.
4) Made a searching and fearless
inventory of everyone we knew.
5) Admitted to the whole world at
large the exact nature of their wrongs.
6) Were entirely ready to make others
straighten up and do right.
7) Demanded others to either "shape up
or ship out."
8) Made a list of anyone who had ever
harmed us and became willing to go to any lengths to get even with
9) Got direct revenge on such people
whenever possible, except when to do so would cost us our own lives,
or at the very least, a jail sentence.
10) Continued to take inventory of
others, and when they were wrong promptly and repeatedly told them
11) Sought through nagging to improve
our relations with others as we couldn't understand them at all,
asking only that they knuckle under and do things our way.
12) Having had a complete physical,
emotional and spiritual breakdown as a result of these steps, we
tried to blame others to get sympathy and pity in all our affairs.
--From the ACA Communicator - March
1990 - Omaha, Council Bluffs Area Intergroup